Platelet Rich Plasma for Skin
Skin PRP, also known as Platelet-Rich Plasma therapy, is a cosmetic treatment that involves using a patient's own blood to stimulate the natural healing process of the skin. The growth factors and platelets in the plasma help to stimulate the production of collagen and elastin in the skin, which can improve the texture and tone of the skin, as well as reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and scars.
Skin PRP therapy works as follows:
- First, a small amount of blood is drawn from the patient.
- The blood is then placed in a centrifuge machine, which separates the plasma and platelets from the other components of the blood.
- The concentrated plasma, which contains a high concentration of platelets and growth factors, is then injected into the areas of the skin that require treatment.
- After the procedure, patients may experience some redness or swelling at the injection sites, but this typically resolves within a few days.
- Regular sessions give a glass-like appearance to the skin.