IPL | Photofacial
Photofacials or photo-rejuvination is an Anti Ageing procedure performed by using Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) at predetermined rate on affected areas of skin. Since this is a non-invasive Skin Ageing Treatment; the recovery time is short with minimum side effects. IPL remodels collagen by reaching in the skin epidermis and alleviating skin ageing signs like wrinkles, pigmentation and open pores.
What is it?
For one Photofacials done by IPL are significantly different from the ones undertaken with mere LED’s. LED’s rely on colour therapy whereas Photofacials done by IPL rely on filtering various wavelengths to react to different skin conditions.
As the name suggests, Photofacial or “Fotofacial” is the skin treatment of facial skin blemishes using the properties of light. Among the several uses of this procedure, the most common and popular are stimulation of facial collagen or in the treatment of acne and similar serious conditions with which one can superficially battle ageing and lighten the blemishes.
The use of light technology involves two entirely differing methods called LED (Light Emitting Diode) and IPL (Intense Pulsed Light). To learn about the outcome you desire, it is imperative that you gain greater insight into the differing technology and what it entails.
Photofacials for Skin Rejuvenation
IPL penetrates the skins surface to remodel collagen. It is helpful in reducing the appearance of age spots, fine lines and wrinkles, shrinking enlarged pores and improving the overall complexion and skin
Benefits of Photofacials:
Skin treatment through photofacials provides a host of benefits, making it a popular anti-ageing procedure.
- Whether LED or IPL, they are both non-invasive.
- It stimulates the collagen.
- The red light LED promotes cellular activity.
- Stimulation of fibroblasts helps to produce collagen that freshens the appearance of skin to look younger.
- Collagen boost has a positive effect on the fine lines and removes wrinkles.
- It is much natural, softer and cheaper than undergoing plastic surgery for similar outcomes.
- The blue light from the LED is used to destroy Propionibacterium acnes, the causal bacteria of acne that thrive just below the surface of the skin.